“Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that generation.”
- Nelson Mandela
We Need Your Leadership!
"Struggle is a never-ending process. Freedom is never really won. You earn it and win it in every generation."
- Coretta Scott King
Who can start a Campaign Branch? What are the requirements?
Anyone at least 16 years old who believes in the mission and Guiding Principles of the BAF can apply to start a Campaign Branch.
There are five requirements to start a Campaign Branch:
1. You must Become a Member of the BAF.
2. Complete a BAF leadership training course once application is approved.
3. Be able to dedicate at least 6 hours a week to the campaign branch.
4. Have a total of four founding members: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
5. Have a dedicated meeting space with a computer and internet access.
What do Campaign Branches do?
Develop Social Media Campaigns – Help take the BAF campaign viral through social media ads and posts!
Organize Street Teams – Organize street teams to promote the BAF campaign in local communities. Street teams may hand out membership brochures at major intersections, go door-to-door with brochures, disseminate marketing material at major events, or post promotional posters and flyers throughout their community.
Provide Research – Provide research and conduct surveys that will help the BAF decide how best to allocate funds and resources.
Fundraise – create their own special events with assistance from the national headquarters. These events may include concert or house party fundraisers, silent or live auctions, speaking engagements or any other creative and fun marketing and fundraising event.