“Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that generation.”
- Nelson Mandela
We Need Your Leadership!
Who can start a Campaign Branch? What are the requirements?
The Role & Responsibility of BAF Campaign Branches
The primary responsibilities of Campaign Branches are to sign-up new members through the following four methods:
1. Social Media Marketing – Help gain new members by creating persuasive social media ads and engaging prospective members across all social media platforms. This include video testimonials, interviews, podcasts, campaign blogs, etc.
2. Organizing Street Teams – Recruit and organize volunteers to put up posters and hand out flyers in your community/city.
3. Creating Campaign Marketing Events – facilitate creative events to help sign-up new members and volunteers to the BAF, as well as, fundraise for branch activities. Events may include, meet-and-greets at a park or Black restaurant/business, BAF campaign block party, BAF bbq, etc., Please Note: While we are under covid-19 red alert all events must be online or otherwise approved by BAF headquarters.
4. Conducting Research – Conduct surveys and provide research, such as a list of all the Black businesses and independent contractors in your city for our BAF Business Memberships and online BAF Black Business Directory.
Minimum Requirements for Starting A BAF Campaign Branch
1. You must be a BAF member.
2. You must be at least 16 years old.
3. You must complete the Campaign Branch Application.
4. You must have a computer with internet access and a cell phone.
5. You must provide a resume.
"Struggle is a never-ending process. Freedom is never really won. You earn it and win it in every generation."
- Coretta Scott King