Members Needed to Reach Our Goal!
BAF JUNETEENTH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION IN FREEDOM, GA!
Juneteenth is the Black Achievement Fund's official birthdate! Every year we will be celebrating our birthday in grand style! This year we are extremely proud to announce that our birthday party will be held in Freedom, GA - 502 acres of Black-owned land in Wilkinson County, GA, two hours south of Atlanta.
The BAF is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation. All donations are 100% tax-deductible. All profits from this event will go toward the BAF campaign and the development of Freedom, GA.
The BAF's Juneteenth Birthday Celebration will be a family event! ALL YOUTH AND PETS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THEIR PARENTS/GUARDIANS/OWNERS AT ALL TIMES.
The weekend-long event will feature:
- Live Performances all weekend, including our headlining Friday performance by Roc Nation recording artist Philadelphia "Freeway"
- Food and Drinks of all types, from our BAF grills and food trucks and vendors
- Kid's Pavilion featuring a Master Story-teller, bouncy tent, balloons, games and more!
- Sports for all ages including, kick-ball, nukem, volleyball, baseball, flag football, and ping pong.
- Card games and tournaments, including SPADES (must register for tournament, cost - $15 per person).
- Specialty vendors selling all sorts of items from t-shirts, art, jewelry, to health care and beauty products. We will also have a vendor with horse rides!
- Empowerment Workshops on a variety of community-building and personal wealth and wellness topics.
- Fireworks Show on Friday and Saturday nights!
- Father's Day Ceremony on Sunday honoring Black Fathers everywhere.
BRING YOUR OWN ATVS! PETS WELCOME!
SHUTTLES FROM ATLANTA TO FREEDOM, GA DAILY
$7 each way for BAF members, $10 each way for non-members
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Children and teenagers are free under 18 but you are required to mind your children at all times! The village will watch but you are responsible for your minors!
Bring everything you need to make your experience comfortable; food, tents, drinking water, BYOB, etc. There is a Wal-Mart 20 minutes away by car, there are no UBERs! You will need to rent a car or make a friend. There will be limited shuttles available for Wal-Mart runs.
You may bring your RV there is an additional cost to do so. You must bring your own generator and water supply. Limited water supply and electricity is available on site.
There will be portable potties and restroom trailers on site. If you are not comfortable with outdoor restrooms or camping get a hotel for the weekend 30 minutes away in Dublin, GA and Macon, GA. Don't stay at the Jackson Inn in Iwington, GA you've been warned.